- Tuesday, 30 April 2013 15:13
Members can get involved in many different ways. Please consider some of the following – your participation makes us stronger!
- Volunteer to help wherever needed. Our Finance, Conservation, Hospitality and Membership Committees could use help. Contact Andy Mason.
- Provide rides to programs. Contact Andy Mason.
- Provide refreshments at programs. Contact Andy Mason.
- Help maintain trails at the sanctuary. Contact Andy Mason.
- Plant Black Maple seeds from the trees in our Burlington wetland. Contact Tom Salo.
- Survey plants in our Burlington wetland. Contact Tom Salo.
- Write an article for The Belted Kingfisher. Contact Janet Potter.
- Lead a field trip. Contact Bob Donnelly.
- Present a program for DOAS. Contact Becky Gretton.
- Volunteer to present information on a subject of your choice. We often get requests from schools and nursing homes. Contact Andy Mason.
- Count birds during the regional May Big Day Bird Count. Contact Bob Donnelly.
- Count birds during the Oneonta Christmas Bird Count. Contact Sandy Bright.
- Count birds during the Fort Plain Christmas Bird Count. Contact Bob Donnelly or Tom Salo.
- Count waterfowl during the statewide waterfowl count in January. Contact Andy Mason.
- Participate in raptor counts at the Franklin Mountain Hawk Watch. Contact Andy Mason or Tom Salo.
- Help us lobby decision makers. Contact Andy Mason.
- Get involved in Citizen Science Projects like The Great Back Yard Bird Count and Birds in Forested Landscapes through the Cornell Lab of Ornithology
Bob Donnelly: (607) 264-8156;
Andy Mason: (607) 652-2162;
Tom Salo: (607) 965-8232