The Delaware-Otsego Audubon Society (DOAS) would love to have your financial support for our operations. We are a 501(c)3 organization established in 1968 and became an independent Chapter of the National Audubon Society in 1970.
The mission of Delaware-Otsego Audubon Society is to protect our natural environment and connect people with nature to benefit birds and other wildlife through conservation, education, research and advocacy.
To get an idea of our what we do each year, please take a look through our website. Almost all of our programs are made possible through the efforts of our board and member volunteers – with the exception of hiring a director and assistant for our summer day camp program.
Membership in DOAS is likely the most affordable of any non-profit in our region (Individual: $25/year or $35/two-years). Our board would like to maintain membership at this rate in order to make sure that the opportunity to participate remains within the means of the regional population.
In order to expand programming opportunities and continue to improve our current work, it is critical for us to raise the funds to offset additional costs. One major upcoming goal is to continue our site enhancements at the DOAS Sanctuary and Franklin Mountain Hawkwatch.
Business Sponsor Opportunities are available to area businesses that hold conservation positions that are philosophically consistent with our own policy statements, including those on Natural Gas Drilling, the proposed Constitution Pipeline and Wind Development (available for viewing at https://doas.us/policies-and-positions/).
Thank you for your time and consideration in becoming a DOAS Annual Business Sponsor. We look forward to the opportunity to work with your business now and in the future to make our relationship a meaningful one for both your business and our organization. Additional details about the DOAS Annual Business Sponsor opportunity is below.
Should you need any additional information or if you would like to arrange to meet, please feel free to contact us at your convenience to coordinate. We can be reached by email through firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone message at 607-397-3815.
Susan O’Handley, Andy Mason, Becky Gretton
Co-Presidents, Delaware Otsego Audubon Society
Download/View the Sponsor Form Here (Levels and Benefits)
Each year, Delaware-Otsego Audubon Society provides:
- Eight educational programs on a variety of pertinent topics at member meetings, monthly from September through May each year (Free and open to the public). In 2020, these are held as Virtual Webinars via Zoom
- Wildlife & Ecology Field Trips led by Board Members, Members, Volunteers (Free and open to the public)
- Audubon Christmas Bird Counts in three regions – coordinated by DOAS (Free/annual events)
- Franklin Mountain Hawkwatch – coordinated by DOAS Board Members and operated by DOAS Member Volunteers every day late August through December
- Eagle Research (often with focus on Golden Eagles or Lead-poisoned Bald Eagles) – coordinated by DOAS Board Members and operated by DOAS Member Volunteers
- Fall Open House Event at Franklin Mountain Sanctuary (Free Annual Event/October)
- John G. New Summer Camp Program (2-3 weeks of programs based on grade level) with scholarship opportunities for campers by request
- Audubon Adventures classroom curriculum sponsorships upon demand
- Bird Counts and Censuses – Great Backyard Bird Count, May Big Day Bird Count, Annual State Waterfowl Count, NYS Breeding Bird Atlas
- Property management at the DOAS Sanctuary at Franklin Mountain and Burlington Wetlands
- Annual Fall Bird Seed Sale Fundraiser for locally grown sunflower and premium blends
- Promotion and sale of certified Bird-friendly coffee
- Involved leadership on regional conservation and advocacy initiatives – letter writing campaigns, meetings with representatives and community action programs
- Regional representation at Audubon New York Council Meetings